Thursday, March 29, 2007

Inkster Balances Family and Demands of the Road

One of the more difficult aspects of being a professional golfer is the travel--nearly every tournament is a "road game." It's even tougher when your a wife and a mommy, but Julie Inkster has managed to keep a strong focus on her family while winning seven majors among her 31 career tournament championships.

"My parents didn't have a lot of golf influence on me. Their greatest influence was I learned how to raise kids and live my life," Inkster says over the phone from her Los Altos, Calif., ranch home, where a basketball hoop stands in the driveway and a golf net rests next to the pool. "I love my job, but my family has always been No. 1."

In the professional sports world, the phrase "I've got to take care of my family," is often used as justification for a contract holdout. It's refreshing to see an athlete still near the top of her game who truly wants to take care of her family.

Click here to read the USA Today article, "Family support keeps Inkster on top."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hindi sigurado sbobet24h kung paano tutulungan ako? Tungkol sa kaalaman na hinahanap ko, patuloy kong ibinabahagi ang impormasyong ito.